The FLGS wrapped up a campaign in which I took part in (missions here and here). The Missions were well thought out and dripping with character. Today we kicked out all of the subtlety and left everything on the table.
The game worked out to be 4v3 in favour of the Imperial forces. The table was limited to one Lord of War per player, and Imperial forces were capped at 3,000 points each. 4,000 points for each Ork player, and something similar for the Chaos.
Some hilarity ensued:
- The guardsmen brought 4 Manticores, and drew the strategic asset which allowed us to fire all 16 missiles, at once. A pretty bad scatter resulted in only one bike squad and one battle wagon being utterly vaporized. They were subsequently reloaded using another strategic asset. It was the ultimate in glorious cheese.
- The Imperial forces also brought about… 10 fliers, which really clogged up the midfield with flying bases, which was already hugely crowded. We had a few converted forgeworld fliers as well, including an Avenger and a Vulture with twin-linked Punisher cannons.
- The Tau also made their presence felt, bringing 4 riptides, and two full broadside teams. They threw their lot in with the Imperial forces.
- Other highlights included a Baneblade, Stormsword, 2 Imperial Knights, 2 Stompas, ~7 Battlewagons, 3+ Landraiders, about 6 Leman Russes…. Everything was sporting AV14…
- A group of Space Marines also drop-podded into the back-line of the Orkz and vaporized a Morkanaut and two battlewagons…
Just an awesome game.
The mission was a fight over the central objective, but every unit that was removed was worth a kill point. The Imperial forces wound up winning the game on this basis, because a Land Raider and a Stompa wound up contesting the central primary objective.
friggin awesome Heldrake