So, this is my first real experience with a largely resin miniature. Settle in, and allow me to regale with details of a modelling nightmare…
**somewhere distant, in a snowstorm, a single burst of thunder cracks. That’s right, THUNDER SNOW. I doubt there’s a single thing more terrifying**
Alright, I’m getting a bit dramatic.
Point is, I had no idea how to build a resin model, and I kind of made it up on the fly. I think I built it from start to finish about 3 times. My fingers were caked with super glue. I was scared to pick up my phone to take pictures.
Nothing fit. I’m not used to this. Everything needed to be sanded, bent using hot water…
I had long, angry rants on the LGS’s facebook page, distraught text messages to fellow hobbyists.
Well, apparently all my angst and ravings was worth it, because gettaload of this puppy.
Specifically, I ran into clearance issues with the gun up against the roof of the canopy. The canopy was warped into the cabin, so when the gun was unable to elevate beyond 25 degrees vertical and couldn’t depress below 15 degrees. Each time the gun was moved, the entire canopy would pop off. The back hatch wouldn’t fit.
I tried to remould the canopy around 3-4 times, to no avail.
I lowered the gun-deck to create more space. Got rid of that ammo stowage area that looks so badass, and opted to close the back hatch permanently.
Here’s some pics in progress (again, didn’t want to super-glue my phone, so this is about it…)
That’s about all she wrote here folks! I’ll paint her up and off we go!
DC – if you’re reading this, the bullgryns are next I promise.