Typically, gigantic apocalypse games allow me a significant amount of motivation to paint my miniatures. Chaosbro and I have been playing through a kill-team campaign in preparation for a fairly large Apocalypse battle, so you’d think that I’d be painting my ass off in order to get things ready to go on camera.
Welp. The game is tomorrow. That ain’t happening. At least not to the extent that I was initially hoping. Here’s my (likely final) Apocalypse list:
Yo Dawg, I Heard U Liek Blood (~5,000 pts)
- The Emprah’s Mighty Flow’ry Meadow (1 HP remaining)
Sir Winston of House Hawkshroud(RIP)
- Cadian Combined Arms:
- Knight Commander Pask – Punisher, Multi-meltas, MBT Bro
- CCS w/
Creed(RIP), 4x Plasmas
- 2x Meltavets in Chimeras
- Armoured Sentinel, multi-laser
- Armoured Sentinel, multi-laser (lolll)
- Armoured Sentinel, multi-laser (lolllll)
- Leman Russ Exterminator
- Aegis Defense Line
- Emprah’s Spear (Vendetta)
- Emprah’s Wrath (Manticore, Basilisk, Wyvern)
- Dominus Maniple:
- Dominus w/ Uncreator Gauntlet
- 5x Vanguard w/ Arc Rifle, Arc Pistol, Taser Goad
- Guncrab w/ Neutron Laser
- Strike Force Deathstorm:
- Captain Karl!
- Raphen’s Death Inc.
- Cassor Le Damned
- Terminator Squad Alpheus
- Allied Detachment (Blood Angels):
- Death Company Chaplain
- 5-man Tactical Squad w/ Grav, combi-grav, power fist & Razorback
- Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought
The sum total of the above is about 4,470 points, and requires me to paint another, 4 tactical marines and 2 Death Company models and lay some details down on the Deredeo Dreadnought. Cool. That might be achievable for tomorrow.
That leaves me about 650 points to shoe-horn fun things into that there list. My thoughts:
- Sicarian Infiltrators – these things look too cool NOT to use! Though fragile. I’ll have to keep them hidden or outflanking. Unfortunately with no additional vanguard painted I’ll be forced to go ‘unbound’ to bring them.
- Sydonian Dragoon – again, too cool to pass up. He’ll fit in nicely with the Cadian Stompies and Cassor Le Damned. Welp, since we’re unbound may as well go full hog.
- The Corvus Vulture….? It’s primed, not painted. If I get those 6 Blood Angel dudes banged out then maybe I’ll start going on this. yeesh. Welp, if this doesn’t work out then I can always go…
- Hellhound? I always forget these are useful things, and may be good at cleaning up backfield units…?
- Scions…? They’re a bit delicate but yeah, I could shoe-horn them in for back-field cleaning duties.
- Rust-stalkers…? Nurrrrr. That’s a pipe dream.
- Sanguinary Guard? More likely than the stalkers (2 colours, some details…)
Anyways. All this to say my final list is subject to change based on how much I get done this evening.
I’m *STOKED* to be throwing some dice tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll keep detailed notes so I can write up a long over-due batrep.