It’s been over a month since I’ve posted last, but I figured I’d wrap up something that’s been lingering too long on my Trello board. Time to showcase some of the work I wrapped up over the winter, Raphen’s Death Company, and a more recent addition, the DC Chaplain, who has yet to be dubbed. He died a rather inauspicious death at the hands of some Black Legion inspired cultists during the Apocalypse battle earlier this year…
As it has been in the past, I’ve been roused from the depths. Awoken, as it were, from my long-sleep. This time though, it was not by a wall of appreciation for my blog, it came from a single ‘tweet’.
So… Rather than incite secular violent protest among the masses, I opted to take the high road and update my damned blog. How generous of me! Continue reading Perils of the Warp
Typically, gigantic apocalypse games allow me a significant amount of motivation to paint my miniatures. Chaosbro and I have been playing through a kill-team campaign in preparation for a fairly large Apocalypse battle, so you’d think that I’d be painting my ass off in order to get things ready to go on camera.
Welp. The game is tomorrow. That ain’t happening. At least not to the extent that I was initially hoping. Here’s my (likely final) Apocalypse list:
Yo Dawg, I Heard U Liek Blood (~5,000 pts)
- The Emprah’s Mighty Flow’ry Meadow (1 HP remaining)
Sir Winston of House Hawkshroud(RIP)
- Cadian Combined Arms:
- Knight Commander Pask – Punisher, Multi-meltas, MBT Bro
- CCS w/
Creed(RIP), 4x Plasmas
- 2x Meltavets in Chimeras
- Armoured Sentinel, multi-laser
- Armoured Sentinel, multi-laser (lolll)
- Armoured Sentinel, multi-laser (lolllll)
- Leman Russ Exterminator
- Aegis Defense Line
- Emprah’s Spear (Vendetta)
- Emprah’s Wrath (Manticore, Basilisk, Wyvern)
- Dominus Maniple:
- Dominus w/ Uncreator Gauntlet
- 5x Vanguard w/ Arc Rifle, Arc Pistol, Taser Goad
- Guncrab w/ Neutron Laser
- Strike Force Deathstorm:
- Captain Karl!
- Raphen’s Death Inc.
- Cassor Le Damned
- Terminator Squad Alpheus
- Allied Detachment (Blood Angels):
- Death Company Chaplain
- 5-man Tactical Squad w/ Grav, combi-grav, power fist & Razorback
- Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought
The sum total of the above is about 4,470 points, and requires me to paint another, 4 tactical marines and 2 Death Company models and lay some details down on the Deredeo Dreadnought. Cool. That might be achievable for tomorrow.
That leaves me about 650 points to shoe-horn fun things into that there list. My thoughts:
- Sicarian Infiltrators – these things look too cool NOT to use! Though fragile. I’ll have to keep them hidden or outflanking. Unfortunately with no additional vanguard painted I’ll be forced to go ‘unbound’ to bring them.
- Sydonian Dragoon – again, too cool to pass up. He’ll fit in nicely with the Cadian Stompies and Cassor Le Damned. Welp, since we’re unbound may as well go full hog.
- The Corvus Vulture….? It’s primed, not painted. If I get those 6 Blood Angel dudes banged out then maybe I’ll start going on this. yeesh. Welp, if this doesn’t work out then I can always go…
- Hellhound? I always forget these are useful things, and may be good at cleaning up backfield units…?
- Scions…? They’re a bit delicate but yeah, I could shoe-horn them in for back-field cleaning duties.
- Rust-stalkers…? Nurrrrr. That’s a pipe dream.
- Sanguinary Guard? More likely than the stalkers (2 colours, some details…)
Anyways. All this to say my final list is subject to change based on how much I get done this evening.
I’m *STOKED* to be throwing some dice tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll keep detailed notes so I can write up a long over-due batrep.
The first sip of Emperor’s Finest StimCaf tasted strangely bitter this morning to Colonel Wishart, sitting in his Command Chimera. Gagging, he resisted the urge to fling the cup at the driver, who probably brewed it using the primary oil filter again. The tankers felt it was a right of passage. The infantry (rightly) thought they were insane.
Perhaps reading his thoughts, his vox officer took the cup away from him before he created a regrettable mess.
“Message from the front lines. Second platoon’s located and secured a crashed Inquisition vessel, Blackstar class. It doesn’t appear there are any survivors.”
Wishart wrinkled his brow in contemplation. Having Deathwatch involved in his airspace was an indication that the battle is about to get a lot hairier. Despite a large Imperial Armada presently in orbit, the navy was no-where to be found during the fierce fighting these past few days, which makes ground operations needlessly difficult. His relationship with the navy had been… Acrimonious as of late.
“Did second platoon indicate the condition of the craft?”
“Poor, but it may be serviceable.”
The gears continued to spin. “Send it on our chief mechanics to take a look. Do not alert the Commissariat, Inquisition, or the Mechanicus. …We’re going to need all the help we can get.”
Both knew there would be no Tribunal hearing if anybody dressed in black found out about this.
EDIT: Took down the cover image because for some reason it was overwhelming people’s blog-rolls…. Not sure why prisma did this…
I’m still moving glacially slow when it comes to my painting projects I’m afraid, however I think a part of this might be the fact that I’m not dividing this ship into manageable parts. With this in mind, I’ve been making incremental progress on the parts I’ve already got assembled, concentrating on the forward superstructure and funnel assembly (which was a testing bed for my painting style, colours, etc.)
My painting progress has been sub-glacial lately, but I finally have some pictures to show off and maybe build upon. While a lot of my time has been spent playing virtual boats, sometimes I like to hunker down and watch the Blue Jays kick ass and take names while putting paint on things. Continue reading Project R: Glaciers Move Faster
In a previous post, I mentioned that someone’s been tearing up my archives in preparation for a local tournament! This is awesome stuff! After a brief discussion in the comments section, I resolved to write a list review, and provide advice, comments, and constructive criticism. So: Continue reading List Building Gymnastics: Tourney Guard Edition