Specifically at the behest DC, I got around to wrapping up the Bullgryns… FINALLY.
So, this is my first real experience with a largely resin miniature. Settle in, and allow me to regale with details of a modelling nightmare…
Trygon time! Continue reading Productivity Update #15 – Trygon
Soo…. Yesterday was a productive day of HIGHLANDER, in which I was
pretty much curb-stomped twice by the Dark Angels. It’s left me wondering why there’s so much venom out there pertaining to the Beakies-with-Robes codex.
So, today marks the fateful day when I decided that 40k was pretty badass and that I had the time and available funds to get back into it.
Jeeze, what was I getting myself into?
Here’s a little photo-summary of what I’ve done in 2 years:
Fast forward a tick to September 2013… The house is now functional. I painted walls, not miniatures… There’s some breathing room on the VISA once more…
And since this point — I’ve been pretty well painting almost exclusively Tyranids.
Anyways — in 2 years my force has ballooned out from 1,000 points as of November 2013 (or so) to 3,500 points in about a year. It’s always fun to keep that in perspective! Most of it is painted too. I just have to keep going with that brush, and I’ll get there eventually.
Alrighty, so my last productivity update was actually around a month ago. A lot’s happened since then! So I will summarize with photos and captions. Seems to go over pretty well. 🙂
So… where to… where to even start here…?
I guess I set down the Spawn of Cryptus for a while and got to work on the Warriors.
I guess once the warriors got their love I moved into the Genestealers… Which are now pretty much finished. I have some final line-highlighting on their armour plates to do, but that’s about it (and basing, obviously).
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
They’re absolutely nothing fancy. I snapped one day, staring longingly at my black primed bases, thinking how much of a pain in the ass it would be to start gluing sand down at this stage of the game, painting on primer, inking, painting, etc.
So I went out to the shop, vented for about 20 minutes, and came up with this stop-gap solution. Easy, 2 step bases to success.
- Agrellan Earth – GW Technical Paint that induces dry-earth-like cracking. SUPER cool.
- Army Builder grass flock.
Again, not going to win any friggin’ Golden Demons but it’s a far cry better than simply black bases.
But then there’s more still…
I started mucking about with the colours for the Blood Angels components of the Deathstorm boxed set, which will likely be getting some attention in the near future. I’ve never painted beakies with this kind of detail before (my Dark Angels from 3rd edition were simply base-coated, and looked pretty terrible…) so this is an interesting and unique challenge for me, particularly with all the ‘Nids that have been getting love lately.
So this is a test model of sorts. It includes the black armour that I’ll be giving the Death Company (and other miscellaneous black bits as req’d), and a panel of almost completed red armour (for the sake of argument).
I’m pretty pleased with the result, just need to apply the concepts across the entire model now.
…And then there’s this guy. Who I’m going to leave as the subject of another post entirely. He deserves it.
…and then there’s THIS guy… who will also be another post. Someone gifted him to me as part of a Secret Santa. Note his swords of conquest — the demonblade and Wraith-sword…
Anyways, been a busy month. It’ll be a busier weekend as I try to finish the Trygon and Swarmlord for a game on Sunday 😀
Cheers, and happy modelling guys!
So… I took a vow to not buy any more plastic until March. Then someone goes out and sends me a gift card to GW’s website as a late Christmas present.
Now this has happened. It’ll be a good week 😀
PS – THANKS SHRIKE!!!!